Posts

This week, I finished up waterfall table number 2 (the resin river) and got started finally on my new table saw outfeed table. The cabinet carcass is built and I used plywood for that. Been a while since I built a project from plywood...
Biggest thing this week was the progress on the resin waterfall river table.  I had a successfully uneventful resin pour.  Once it was cured, I cut and joined the waterfall joint just like the second table.  Speaking of the second table, I made the glass pattern for that one and dropped it off at the glass cutter.
This log was slightly too big for my chainsaw mill back in the day but before I got around to cutting it with the larger chainsaw mill, I started building my bandsaw mill. I really wasn't sure what would be in this log but I figured there would at least be a few areas of curl and spalting. Looks like this log produced some really interesting pieces of wood so I'll be set on small pieces of figured maple for a while.
 Made a bunch of progress on the first river waterfall table. I cut the waterfall joint and built a steel base for it. The other table will get it's resin river this week once I decide on a final direction for the pigment.
Finished up the first waterfall table and got started on the other two by surfacing the slabs. One of the waterfall tables will get a resin river so I put together a small sample to see how everything will look before I move forward with the main pour.
One of the byproducts of sawing logs is the half round slab that is removed in the process of squaring up the log. These are typically cut into firewood, chipped, or burned. I set aside a few chunks that I was carrying to the fireplace that looked a little too beautiful to burn and transformed them into these serving trays. This is a really quick project that would make a great gift.
Finished up the quick platter project and got finish on one of the carved drawer fronts. Surfaced the first of the waterfall table slabs with the new surfacing bit. Prepped the panels for the drawer bottoms and finished the initial epoxy work on the outfeed table top.