I’ve been taking it a bit slow after the sideboard marathon. I’ve been working on a video about my background in woodworking and I’ve been working on a lumber drying video. In the shop, I started making a batch of charcuterie boards from firewood.
I’m a Naval Architect by profession and like the contrast of metal and wood as with old wooden yachts. Made for my kids.
Macrocarpa (I think you guys call it monterrey cyprus)
laminated Tasmanian oak
stainless steel rigging and tubing
Modem Stand by Jake
This project was about using up leftover walnut that was taking up too much space in my small shop. The dimensions are about 16”h x 22”w x 12”d. The drawer front is jatoba where I tried hand cut half blind dovetails for the first time (A fishtail chisel is now on my shopping list). Since I am going to use this as a home for my modem and wireless router, the drawer is only about 6” deep so I could hide a surge protector behind it. I also added a strip to the back of the middle shelf with slots for cable management. I cut those with a domino but if I didn’t have one, I think I would drill holes for wire ties to go through.
Greene and Greene Side Tables by Craig
A Greene and Greene inspired set of 4 Hickory and Walnut side tables for my parents and one Mahogany side table I made for myself. We chose Hickory to match these side tables with a pecan slab coffee table I made them last year. The Walnut bases feature leg indents and the Hickory tops have walnut breadboard splines. The tops were given a light walnut dye before finishing with Arm-R-Seal.
The Mahogany table I kept for my office has the more traditional look of Greene and Greene with Gabon Ebony splines and plugs. The Walnut bases and my Mahogany table were both finished with my now favorite wipe on finish, Sutherland Wells Polymerized Tung Oil.
This is an 12×18″ 3d lake map of a remote lake I fish on in Ontario, Canada. It is 3mm plywood cut to size and then used a scroll saw to cut out the contours. The edges were smoothed with a dremel sanding bit and then the layers were painted with a progressively darker acrylic paint. The panels were all glued together and then I made a frame out of 1×3″ pine.