This week, I poured the epoxy into the form for the slab encapulation. While that’s been curing, I’ve been doing a little shop organization and got started on my next Guild project.
Spice Box & Spoon Project
When I found out my wife was pregnant I decided to make a crib. My project was heavily inspired by your design but being my first furniture build, I used different techniques. My build had a walnut frame and oak spindles. I did biscuit joinery on the frame and used 1/4″ dowels to glue the spindles in the frame. The front and back panels connect to the sides with bolts and threaded inserts. The finish is 3 coats of cutting board conditioner made with beeswax and mineral oil. I managed to finish by her due date but baby Juniper came 2 weeks early.
This is a Bench that I restored. It was originally in White Oak but after poor maintenance over 25+ years. It was badly rotten. I cleaned the metal pieces and repainted them and replaced the wooden parts with Cherry wood. All parts were hand shaped and sanded. it was sanded to from 60 Grit to 1200 Grit. then coated with three coats of marine poly urethane and wet sanded with 600 Grit and 800 Grit. It has darken to a nice golden red.
It a wine cabinet that I designed and built as a spec project. All mortise and tenon construction out of solid red oak. Final count in the end was 58 mortise and tenons. All of the mortises were chopped by hand and the tenons were a combination of hand-cut and table saw cut. I finished it with a red oak stain and Arm-R-Seal semi-gloss.