This July I will be in Houston to speak at the Woodworkers Club of Houston. There is also a meet up planned.
July 7, 2017
Meet up at Beer Market Company (http://beermarketco.com/) from 5-9.
920 Studemont St #900,
Houston, TX 77007
July 8, 2017
Saturday session with the Woodworkers Club of Houston. (Visit their website to become a member of the club)
I will be hosting six 45-60min sessions:
- Card scrapers
- A card scraper is an incredible simple and versitile tool. We’ll cover different kinds of scrapers, sharpening, and their various uses.
- Milling your own lumber
- Expand your woodworking adventure by producing the lumber you use in your projects
- Hand cut half blind dovetails
- Hand cutting dovetail joints can be intimidating and half blinds seem doubly as intimidating as through dovetails however, it’s actually much eaiser to achieve a great fitting and looking half blind dovetail joint
- Integrating hand tools into a power tool work flow
- Many of us start with power tools and aren’t exposed to how useful and helpful a few handtools can be. Certain hand tools can compliment powertool operations. They’re a team.
- Working with live edge
- Live edge lumber is trendy right now. We’ll look at ways of using the live edge in a project but we’ll also look at how to get “normal” boards from live edge boards.
- Dealing with defects
- Lumber has defects and the age old mentality as been to omit them but what if you want to incorporate them or even feature them in your project?